|Dr. Monashis Sahu
Dr. Monashis Sahu,Book Appointment With Dr. Monashis Sahu,Endocrinologist
Endocrinology deals with hormones and the glands where they are produced. The various metabolic and hormonal diseases can be due to disturbance in hormone levels or disturbance in the hormone action even if the hormone levels are normal.
The Endocrinology team of Adiva comprising of endocrinologist, dietician and nurse educators provides standard care towards meticulous diagnosis, treatment and monitoring for adult and pediatric endocrinology disorders. Following are some of the diseases that occur due to hormone imbalance:
• Diabetes – Type I diabetes, Type II diabetes, juvenile diabetes, gestational diabetes
• Thyroid hormone disturbances, abnormality of Thyroid gland – includes hypothyroid (underactive thyroid gland), hyperthyroid (overactive thyroid gland)
• Hormone and Diabetes Care during pregnancy
• Overweight, Obesity and Weight Loss
• Hirsutism, Excess hairs in female, Polycystic Ovary Syndrome – also called PCOS/PCOD
• Growth abnormalities and abnormality of sexual maturation in children – child puberty and growth evaluation and treatment
• Low Calcium or High Calcium Parathyroid hormone (PTH), Parathyroid Gland
• Osteoporosis and Metabolic Bone Disease
• Infertility and Sexual Health Problems
• Menopause in females
• Low Androgen / Testosterone in males
• Pituitary Gland
• Adrenal Gland
Please ask your doctor before you go for any hormonal test, as there are various precautions to be taken before you go for the tests.
Should surgery of the gland be necessary for the treatment of a hormone related disease, then a team work with endocrine surgeons along with pre and post operative care of hormone levels by endocrinologist, is available at the centre.
The Centre believes in empowering patients with information on disease course and treatment so as to help them make an informed choice about their treatment management plans.